Our Magnum Opus

"It's Latin...it means Great Work...the finest thing I've ever made." Charolette the spider

We got this interesting name from the movie Charolette's Web. Charolette the spider explains her Magnum Opus as she describes her eggsack. Her Magnum Opus is the whole reason she is alive, and when it is finished she can leave this earth. And so, our family is truly Our Magnum Opus...and it is nowhere near finished.

May 7, 2008

Being Ma

Annacy is going through some strange phases lately and one of them is that she calls me "MA." It is quite irritating because for some reason it makes me feel fat, old, and southern (hopefully this doesn't offend anyone).

So, Mother's Day is quickly approaching and I wish every mother who is reading this a very Happy Mother's Day. Being a mom is such a joy/pain/work/stress/blessing (insert each word depending on the hour). Sometimes I wonder if my kids know that I don't know what I am doing and I am learning on them. But being mom is what I love about being me. And I really do love the fact that I remind myself of my own mother. She has passed on some wonderful qualities (as well as some not so good ones) and I love her.

Last Sunday Annacy told the entire Primary that "my mom is mean." Following this the Primary leaders had to quickly cover up by talking about how hard mommies work and how kids can help their mommies by obeying. When I picked her up from Primary everyone was laughing and telling me the story. All I could think was "Ouch, Happy Mothers Day to me." SO- I guess this is all just part of being Ma.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Jami - you are a great mom and Annacy is a kick. And - Happy Mother's Day to you!
Can't wait to see your family scrapbook.

Hannah Stevenson said...

That is hilarious! What a kid. This story makes me miss working in Primary. If only more moms were as "mean" as you are...this world would be a better place!

Love you and Happy Ma's Day!

Necia said...

Whenever my kids have told me that I was a mean mom, I would tell them that I was happy because my goal is being accomplished! That would bug them. I use the same thing now that they are older and I embarrass them. Or if they say I don't embarrass them I tell them I will try harder next time. You are awesome! I am glad that you are a part of our family. Love Ya, Necia