Our Magnum Opus

"It's Latin...it means Great Work...the finest thing I've ever made." Charolette the spider

We got this interesting name from the movie Charolette's Web. Charolette the spider explains her Magnum Opus as she describes her eggsack. Her Magnum Opus is the whole reason she is alive, and when it is finished she can leave this earth. And so, our family is truly Our Magnum Opus...and it is nowhere near finished.

August 17, 2008

The Utah Half Ironman

Brian swam/bike/ran in the Utah half Ironman this past weekend. What an amazing thing for him to do. He did it with his two brothers Geoff and Chris and his brother-in-law Monte. Also, my nephew-in-law Brandon raced too. This made it so my family as well as the McCombs family were all there. Everyone but me and the kids. I was obediently staying put in Reno because my doc. said it wasn't a good idea to go that far being with child. I will spare everyone the bitter feelings I had about not going and I'll focus on my amzing husband.

Here are the men before they became IRONMEN! (Actually because it was just a half ironman I tease Brain that he is just a tinman.) They look great and I am not sure they know what is ahead.

These are both after the finish. And they are still looking good even after a 1.2 mile swim/ 56 mile bike ride/ 13.1 mile run. WOW!!! Brian got 12th in his age group which is amazing to me. He can't wait to do it again and is looking forward to next year. I don't mind....I can't complain about how triathelete bodies look!!!

4 comments:

J S and S said...

Way to go!! I need to send you the pics I took. JS&S

Lizz said...

That's amazing! Tell him good job for me!

Hannah Stevenson said...

Seriously AMAZING! We were planning on being there but it fell on the day of the big Anderson reunion. I can't believe how strong and dedicated those guys are!

Sweeney Household said...

Nice outfits guys! I am impressed with your FIT & TRIM bodies, I must say. :)