Our Magnum Opus

"It's Latin...it means Great Work...the finest thing I've ever made." Charolette the spider

We got this interesting name from the movie Charolette's Web. Charolette the spider explains her Magnum Opus as she describes her eggsack. Her Magnum Opus is the whole reason she is alive, and when it is finished she can leave this earth. And so, our family is truly Our Magnum Opus...and it is nowhere near finished.

March 4, 2009

EZra is free!...of metal that is!

Dr. Siddiqi let us keep the hardware that was in his jawbone. Pretty cool huh! We are thinking of making a christmas orniment or a keychain out of them. He is a different kid. He is so much more active and happy...if that was even possible. They probed both eye ducts too so he isn't so goopy and redeyed. Yes!!! We sure love our boy!




This picture was right before surgery. He was so cute with all the nurses. His little hospital gown was so cute and it tied in the back like an adult one.


Now when Ezra smiles, he sticks hi tongue out. He loves experimenting with his new jaw. What a sweetie. He will be six months old this Sunday and he weighs 21 lbs. WOW!

9 comments:

Jody said...

Oh Jamester! It was so fun to see you and Annacy and hang out at IKEA (I know Brian, don't gag), but I didn't get to see "THE BOYS", that was a bummer! Ezra is darling =) And bigger babies make healthier adults, so there! Tell Simon I love him and I hope work stays busy for Brian. We miss you already and hope to see you soon (sorry again we can't come to Lake Tahoe...I am still way bummed).

J S and S said...

Ezra you are too cute! Sam was 27lbs at your age so... you've still got a few to go. I can't wait to see you all again :)

Lauren said...

Wow! What a big boy. He's so cute!!

Lauren and Chase said...

Jamie, he is adorable!! We are so glad that everything has gone well with that little sweetheart! How has your family been? We sure miss you all and the Reno 1st ward!!!

Young Family said...

Wow that is pretty impressive stuff! I vote for a Christmas ornament. :) He is such a cute little squish.

P.S. Savannah and Ezra weigh the same!

Jason and Brianne Kjar said...

what a relief to be free finally. I just took Josh to the Dr.s yesterday for his three year check up and he weighed 26lbs. Your kids sure are big and cute.

Hannah Stevenson said...

What a cutie! I loved his little hospital gown picture...what a chunk! We still can't put our girls in bigger car seats because they STILL don't weigh 20lbs. Looks like they need some pointers from Ezra! I can't believe all of that hardware was in that little mouth...I bet he feels liberated!

Liz Maile said...

Wow has it really been 6 months? I love the pics, he is adorable! I told Todd we knew you and he said he had been wondering about Ezra. I gave him an update!

Chiara said...

Could I borrow those eyes and cheeks please! Seriously - they are to die for!! What a cutie!
Hey - I want to email you. Send me an email: froncechiara@hotmail.com and I'll reply back!