It is so hard for me to feed Ezra solid food. The cleft pallate makes it so he sneezes every time and...well you can only imagine how much oatmeal can come out your nose. But we have figured out how to make his oatmeal thick (runnier was a nightmare) and then give him a drink of water after every few bites so he gets it down the right hole. My life is a bit better because of our new eating skills. Ezra is 21 lbs and he needs solid food. Ok he looks healthy enough but he can't sleep more than 3 hours without wanting more milk. With solid food in him, he sleeps for about a 5 hour block.
Our Magnum Opus
"It's Latin...it means Great Work...the finest thing I've ever made." Charolette the spider
We got this interesting name from the movie Charolette's Web. Charolette the spider explains her Magnum Opus as she describes her eggsack. Her Magnum Opus is the whole reason she is alive, and when it is finished she can leave this earth. And so, our family is truly Our Magnum Opus...and it is nowhere near finished.
We got this interesting name from the movie Charolette's Web. Charolette the spider explains her Magnum Opus as she describes her eggsack. Her Magnum Opus is the whole reason she is alive, and when it is finished she can leave this earth. And so, our family is truly Our Magnum Opus...and it is nowhere near finished.
March 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You guys are so smart. I am glad he is able to eat solid foods now! I bet you are counting your blessings :)
Glad he's eating! When can he have the cleft palate fixed? I'm having the opposite problem with Robbie, he's 16 pounds, eats like a horse and doesn't seem to be gaining weight at all and he wouldn't sleep for 5 hours if I begged him to. Yeah Ezra!
Post a Comment