Our Magnum Opus

"It's Latin...it means Great Work...the finest thing I've ever made." Charolette the spider

We got this interesting name from the movie Charolette's Web. Charolette the spider explains her Magnum Opus as she describes her eggsack. Her Magnum Opus is the whole reason she is alive, and when it is finished she can leave this earth. And so, our family is truly Our Magnum Opus...and it is nowhere near finished.

September 13, 2009

Birthday Boy!


We can't believe our little Ezra is one! He has been through more than most this past year and we are sort of glad to say goodbye to his first year. Lets hope year two is much more painless and easy going. (My mom made this bib for his birthday! She is so sweet to me!)
I found a shirt that said "Mr. Amazing" and that was sort of the theme of his first birthday. He was for sure a star. His brother and sister helped him blow out the candle and open his presents...but....

....he didn't need any help polishing off his slice of birthday cake. He massaged it for a bit before he figured out it was something sweet to eat. Then there was no stopping him.

We are so grateful for the life that Ezra has been blessed with. He is so amazing. His smile is a constant reminder that prayer, faith, and family are the most powerful force on earth. Really nothing else matters. I hope each of our friends feels included in the category of family. Each of you have blessed us in many different ways. Your prayers and support, whether close or far from Reno, have been felt. Happy Birthday E!






5 comments:

Jen Johnson said...

Happy Birthday Ezra! We love you!

J S and S said...

You are adorable and amazing!! We love you! Sam is making an "I AM" poster for school and the only thing he wants on it are pictures of Ezra... go figure! -JS&S

Sweeney Household said...

We just got your card with Ezra's photo and it made me get all teary-eyed. You and Brian have been amazing STARS too this year. You have given him everything you can to ensure that he has a happy life. You have all been blessed. I love these pics of Ezra, the bib, and the cake. HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I bought him a little something just tonight so I am going to send our LATE b-day gift.
Love ya, xoxoxo

Jody said...

Happy Belated B-day Ezra!! You are awesome and we love you so much. We got your card to us which I thought was such a fun "backwards" idea. Thanks for that!! Hope you are having fun in Reno. Tell Annacy we are so proud of her being a big Kindergartner. I can't believe she gets to go full day...that is a long one =) Tell her teacher to write down all the funny "grownup" things she says. She cracks me up. Hi SIMON!! And thanks for your prayers...we can feel them!!
Love,
Aunt Jody

Hannah Stevenson said...

I just got your sweet note and picture of Ezra today. He is on the fridge and every time I look at him I smile. I was thinking about you during the broadcast too..wishing I could be there sitting by you and Joey. Crazy how fast that year went! What a miraculous year it has been!