Our Magnum Opus

"It's Latin...it means Great Work...the finest thing I've ever made." Charolette the spider

We got this interesting name from the movie Charolette's Web. Charolette the spider explains her Magnum Opus as she describes her eggsack. Her Magnum Opus is the whole reason she is alive, and when it is finished she can leave this earth. And so, our family is truly Our Magnum Opus...and it is nowhere near finished.

October 28, 2010

It's Fall

Apple Hill, I think we're done with you for a long time. Every year it is my bright idea to go there. But this year the traffic was the worst, the lines were horrible, the food was expensive, and we were too late to pick raspberries. On a more positive note, the apple fritter that I inhaled was out of this world good. Hmmm was it worth a 2 1/2 hour drive...I dont think so. The kids had fun though so I should be more positive
We always have a blast picking out very over-priced pumpkins. (oh here I go getting negative again)
This year our children drew exceptionally cool faces. Can you guess which one is crazy Simons? It looks like it is screaming just like him before a sword fight.
So I finished the Mickey Mouse makeover I planned for one of Annacy's jackets. I am quite pleased with it. It looks so much cuter on her and the edges are supposed to fray after it's washed. We'll see how cute after that. Mom, you were so right about bias tape....yuck.

Did anyone know that if you grow artichokes in Nevada, they just don't taste good. But, if you let them grow past the picking stage....they are soooo beautiful. I never knew that the choke part was such a vibrant purple bloom. It made our garden gorgeous. I swear every time I see an artichoke I think, "who ever thought these might be good to eat?" Crazy.

4 comments:

Amanda L said...

So cute, Jami. Thanks for the update!

J S and S said...

Way to go on the sewing project. I have added links to SO MANY projects. I've got to get started on some soon :)

The pumpkin hill looks fun!

-JS&S

Sweeney Household said...

Love the Mickey Jacket. I'm glad we can count on you to carry on Mom's legacy.

I love the picture of the fam in the pumpkin patch/hill. Cute!

Jody said...

Artichokes in bloom? Who knew? Those are cool...I also am impressed with your many sewing projects. Cute jacket! I feel the same way about pumpkins - luckily we have so many Farmers in SoJo that we get 'em cheap!! =) Say HI to the cute kids & Brian...XOXOXOXO