Our Magnum Opus

"It's Latin...it means Great Work...the finest thing I've ever made." Charolette the spider

We got this interesting name from the movie Charolette's Web. Charolette the spider explains her Magnum Opus as she describes her eggsack. Her Magnum Opus is the whole reason she is alive, and when it is finished she can leave this earth. And so, our family is truly Our Magnum Opus...and it is nowhere near finished.

April 17, 2011

Camping

Spring Break gave us the perfect chance to visit Monte and Amber and also to visit one of our favorite sea shores at Point Reyes California. We saw elephant seals, herons, cranes, deer, squirrels, raccoons, birds galore, happy California cows, and elk. The hills were as round and lush and thick as a head of broccoli. Too bad it was cold! There are few things in life that are greater than sitting aroung a campfire with your kids. It is just magical.

The kids found a butterfly that had a hurt wing so it tolerated Simon gently holding it. So neat for them to see the wings up close.


I do love camping. I never sleep very good but I enjoy being outside with the kids and Brian. However, will Brian EVER plan a warm camping trip? I promise I would be a better trooper if I werent freezing when I get up at night to go potty.


2 comments:

Sweeney Household said...

FUN! I love the photos --- that last one would make a great Christmas card. ;)

Glad you are having fun. CA sounds like an awesome place to live (after a LONG winter in MA)!!!

Jody said...

Hi McCombs!! Such FUN - so funny that you said the thing about cold when you have to go potty in the night. I swear I'd rather hold it till I die than try to go out in the dark and cold =) Love you guys!! Great pics to Jamester...