Our Magnum Opus

"It's Latin...it means Great Work...the finest thing I've ever made." Charolette the spider

We got this interesting name from the movie Charolette's Web. Charolette the spider explains her Magnum Opus as she describes her eggsack. Her Magnum Opus is the whole reason she is alive, and when it is finished she can leave this earth. And so, our family is truly Our Magnum Opus...and it is nowhere near finished.

May 27, 2008

Do I have to come home?

Our trip to Cancun, Mexico was so much fun. The weather was perfect, the food was abundant, and I didn't have to clean cook or entertain anyone for a whole week. Mexico is the best.
We got to swim in a mexican Cenote which is like a cave filled with water with jungle vines hanging down. It totally freaked me out because of all the talk of how deep it was and how the Mayan people offered sacrifices in these....however....its a once in lifetime chance so I did it. And the kids did too. They loved it. A highlight of the trip.


We went to see some Mayan ruins called Chichen Itza. This is amazing history here...we're talking 200 a.d. It was hotter than hot and the kids didn't like it so much because there wasn't a slide or pina coladas, but Brian and I loved listening to the guide and hearing about the history.
You have no idea how hot we all were at this point. Lets just say the clothes we wore need about three washes and four cups of oxyclean.

7 comments:

Liz Maile said...

WOW! Looks amazing! I am so glad that you guys had a good time, can't wait to hear all about it!

Lauren said...

"LUCKY" That looks like some much fun. We're going to Mexico in October but we got to the ghetto - where no one speaks english, its called Puerto Penasco. Did you guys have to get passports?

Kassi said...

Tim and I went to the ruins also and also felt like we were melting and totally disgusting by the time we were done! How fun though to take the whole family!!! We spent most of our time at the pool too - what else do you do on vacation somewhere like Mexico?!

J S and S said...

Lucky you guys! It looked like fun! I wish we could have tagged along :) Love you -JS&S

Sweeney Household said...

What a fun trip! Mom told me how the people wanted to take Simon home with them. You look so cute pregnant. Cool photos!!

Sweeney Household said...

ps. Jami, you have to enlarge and frame that 1st shot of Brian and the kids with the wave behind them. That looks like a professional picture. I love it!!!

Hannah Stevenson said...

This looks awesome. I bet it was hard to come home. You look so cute Jami.