Our Magnum Opus

"It's Latin...it means Great Work...the finest thing I've ever made." Charolette the spider

We got this interesting name from the movie Charolette's Web. Charolette the spider explains her Magnum Opus as she describes her eggsack. Her Magnum Opus is the whole reason she is alive, and when it is finished she can leave this earth. And so, our family is truly Our Magnum Opus...and it is nowhere near finished.

May 16, 2008

McGill Trip

We had so much fun on our quick trip to visit McGill where Grandma and Grandpa Pratt live.
The kids loved Grandma and Grandpas playroom. They also loved the fact that they have cable. Good thing we don't or I'd never get them off the couch. I would be there too watching "Charlie and Lola" my absolutely favorite kids show. Julie, notice they are wearing their new PJs. Thanks so much, they are super cute.
Simon loved the old bubble gum phone. I think every grandkid in our family goes through the enjoyment of playing with this phone.
We had a wonderful picnic at the ranch. Annacy kept asking Grandma to lock up her animals because she was afraid of animals. We had to explain that we really don't know why we call it a ranch...it is a ranch of sagebrush, springwater, and thistle. The kids were relieved. The ranch was beautiful.
The kids walked up and down the stream and got soaking wet. (remember Jami its a memory not a mess). They loved getting dirty and wet and screaming as loud as they wanted. Thats what ranches are for.
My mom and I both wore bright green on Mothers Day. Not a shocker that I am wearing green (my absolutely favorite color) but the fact that mom did too was pretty funny. We had a wonderful time and can't wait for our next McGill trip. My mom and I finished two beautiful quilts for a service project and it was great to just smell McGill....mothballs and all.

2 comments:

Sweeney Household said...

Jami, I love the picture of you and Mom. When I first saw the GREEN, it made me think of your "green thumb" that you mentioned in your next post. I'm jealous. My kids keep begging us to visit Grandma & Grandpa and go on a plane, etc. etc.

J S and S said...

I love the pictures. We want to go to McGill too. I was supposed to get around to sending a Thank You note to go along with the PJs for letting us stay with you but... at least mom delivered the PJs. This will have to serve as the Thank You note :) -JS&S