Our Magnum Opus

"It's Latin...it means Great Work...the finest thing I've ever made." Charolette the spider

We got this interesting name from the movie Charolette's Web. Charolette the spider explains her Magnum Opus as she describes her eggsack. Her Magnum Opus is the whole reason she is alive, and when it is finished she can leave this earth. And so, our family is truly Our Magnum Opus...and it is nowhere near finished.

July 10, 2008

Now we're sure

The ultrasound showed us our baby is a BOY...100%. (No hiding today) Most importantly everything looks great and my placenta has moved away from the danger zone. Hooray! It was nice to get a peek and make sure this little guy is healthy. Now.....the difficult task of naming a boy.

6 comments:

Marshall said...

Yay! I am glad you know. Now you can just figure out one name :).

J S and S said...

Yeah! I like the name Beck! It is Sam's middle name but I love it for a first name... GG would love it... I'm so glad everything is all right! We can't wait to meet the little guy! -JS&S

Nicole said...

congrats! i always liked knowing beforehand too!

Sweeney Household said...

Hey! I was thinking about you yesterday & wanted to call. I'm so glad that everything looks healthy and that it's a BOY! I love boys --- no nonsense dressing them, laid back, not as emotional or moody, and you don't have to do their HAIR! ;) Now I can look for some cute boy clothes for him. Is there anything you NEED? Would you use a mini little food grinder? It's kind of cool & it's tiny & easy to clean....

Carol said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad everything is good now and glad you know now. Babies are so exciting.

Tara said...

Congrats! So fun to finally know, makes it seem more real for me. We love boys around our place, how exciting. Good to hear he's healthy and doing well. I laughed for ten minutes when I saw that picture of Simon asleep in his life vest. How classic! What a cuttie!