Our Magnum Opus

"It's Latin...it means Great Work...the finest thing I've ever made." Charolette the spider

We got this interesting name from the movie Charolette's Web. Charolette the spider explains her Magnum Opus as she describes her eggsack. Her Magnum Opus is the whole reason she is alive, and when it is finished she can leave this earth. And so, our family is truly Our Magnum Opus...and it is nowhere near finished.

September 3, 2008

F.Y.I.

Yes, the child is almost here! SCARY!!!! Next appointment is Friday. I was dialated to a three last friday so we'll see what one week of discomfort can do to the ole' cervix. My doctor said she is going to schedule me to be enduced on Sunday (Sept. 7) if nothing happens by then.

I really do feel OK...although a shocked looking man at Cabelas asked me if I was expecting twins. I asked him if he was expecting brain surgery. (only kidding- I wasn't that quick)

If I don't remove the baby countdown widget from our blog what do you think will happen to it? I kind of can't wait to see if it explodes. How fitting.

13 comments:

Cody and Jen said...

Yea!!! I am so excited and I can't wait to see baby Ezra. Push that baby out girl!!

J S and S said...

Yeah! We can't wait to see him! I'm waiting for the call :) Love you all! -JS&S

Liz Maile said...

So are you going with Ezra? I was thinking about you today so I am glad you added that post. You know I am here to help in any way. Food, watching kids, anything! I laughed out loud when I read the "brain surgery" part. I am never quick either! Keep me posted.

Marshall said...

Good luck!! Not that you will need it. ;).

I got asked if I was having twins a couple of times too. Some people just don't know what to say, I guess?

Let me know if you need ANYTHING!

Cory and Traci Hurrle said...

I too had something ask me that. My response: No, but I do have an inoperable tumor growing that I am going to die from. That shut him up real fast.

Andrea said...

We are so excited for you. I am sure you are at the point for it all to be done with! I know the feeling. Best wishes..

Lauren said...

The last few days are always the longest and hardest and most boring! Good luck. I can't wait to see pictures of the little guy!

Hannah Stevenson said...

Hang in there Jami! I wish we lived closer so I could come over and give you a good foot rub! I have been thinking about you too. Thanks for the little update!

Sweeney Household said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, waiting for contractions. Or for Sunday to be induced. I keep thinking about you. It's super late here, but I think I'll call you.

Cody and Jen said...

Congratulations on your beautiful little boy. I am so excited for you and I know everything will be work out just fine. The Lord will bless your family. Love you guys so much and I miss you a ton and wish I was there to welcome your precious little one into the world. Love you all so much. We are praying for you. Jami, amber said you looked beautiful and couldn't believe you had just had a baby. You are awesome. love you

Jen Johnson said...

Good luck! I hope all goes well! I can't wait to see the new baby!

Necia said...

Brian and Jami, you and your sweet little guy are in our prayers. I know that our Heavenly Father is taking care of you even though you may not think so right now, you will look back and see his hand in all. We are so far away and feel helpless. Let us know how the baby is doing. We love you!

Jody said...

I was so glad I got to hear your voice my lil'sis Jamester.I love you and Brian.I know the Lord knows you two are the ultimate parents who can handle the extra stress.What a compliment from our Father above.I got to talk to Annacy and Simon on the phone tonight. They are having a blast with Grandma and Annacy said she is going to be a doctor when she grows up. I said,"Cool, you can take care of babies like Ezra" and quick witted she said,"Ezra won't be a baby anymore by then, silly, he'll be all grown up"!Gotta love that girl. She told me a knock knock joke too! I told her to come to my house & we'll go out on the lake.Get lots of rest,k? Remember that your health & wellness is important too! For crying out loud, you just popped out an 8 lb. baby 4 days ago! Now you're flying and running around, superwoman =) Congrats!! He is a cutie BTW...
Love, Jody (Jeff says Hi! Making copies) (Sara & Adam say Hey!)