Our Magnum Opus
"It's Latin...it means Great Work...the finest thing I've ever made." Charolette the spider
We got this interesting name from the movie Charolette's Web. Charolette the spider explains her Magnum Opus as she describes her eggsack. Her Magnum Opus is the whole reason she is alive, and when it is finished she can leave this earth. And so, our family is truly Our Magnum Opus...and it is nowhere near finished.
We got this interesting name from the movie Charolette's Web. Charolette the spider explains her Magnum Opus as she describes her eggsack. Her Magnum Opus is the whole reason she is alive, and when it is finished she can leave this earth. And so, our family is truly Our Magnum Opus...and it is nowhere near finished.
September 29, 2008
Let the stretching begin!
Our sweet Ezra had his first jaw stretch today. We are 1 mm. closer to breathing better. He is such a strong baby and he already works on sucking his binki. His little distractors (his antenae, or his antlers) wiggle when he sucks. CRAZY!
He no longer has to have the oxygen on him and he is breathing on his own just fine. I can't describe the happiness I feel every time the doctors tell me how perfect things are going. Lets just hope we keep on this up hill trend.
Our next step is praying for poo. Yes, thats what I meant to type. When Ezra poops again, they will increase his feedings quite a bit. The goal is to be up to 70 cc's by this Wed. He's at 35 cc's. Who would've thought I'd be praying for a stinky diaper. It makes me realize that I shouldn't complain about changing diapers-I should be grateful his pipes work.
Things are going good. I miss Brian while he is home with the kids for a week, but my family and friends here are taking extra good care of me. And when Ezra is doing good, my moods are much more hopeful. Let me just say that the light at the end of our tunnel is brighter and more in view. Thanks for all your prayers. Please keep it up.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
We are so excited for you that things are looking good for little Ezra. The pics are absolutely adorable. We pray for you each day and know that because of your faith, everything is going to turn out just fine, though the rocky road it may be to get there.
What a cutie! He seems to be such a good baby. What a blessing he is.
Yeay yeay yeay! I'm glad he's doing so well. Good luck with the stretching! I'm happy to have another thing to pray for - POOP! He's a cutie!
Glad it is going so well!
I must say that he is looking pretty good considering the circumstances. I'm happy to hear that you can see the light at the end of the tunnel! We continute to pray for Ezra everyday!
What great pictures of your little man. He is so strong --- I can just imagine his little spirit in there fighting. Thanks for taking the time to post pictures and update us. It means a lot to us to keep updated. We love you Jami! We love you Ezra! We love you Brian! We love you Annacy! We love you Simon! XOXOX
Oh ya, 3 cheers for POOP!
Jami, You're amazing, we are still praying for you. love, the gees
He looks really good! How happy we are that things are going well. You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers each day. We love you guys!
Of course we will keep it up!
He is seriously such a beautiful baby. I'm so glad all is going well. We are praying for you guys.
Jami and Brian, I feel like such a terrible friend! I had no idea any of this was going on. I called awhile back thinking baby must be here by now and when I didn't hear anything I thought maybe I should check their blog. Well pregnancy brain did not allow me to remember the address so I just started googling magnum opus and here you are. I read all that has been going on. You all are so strong (and loved). Ezra is beautiful and is a very brave boy! I will keep him and all of you in my thoughts and prayers. I will be off track as of this Friday so please don't hesitate to call me for anything! I know Tanner would love to have the kids over (we'll keep Maggie in the garage:). Hang in there! Love you guys! Wendy
I am so happy to hear his progress is coming along so well! He is such a beautiful baby! Your light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer! We love you!
We are still praying for that little guy! He is so cute and we are happy to know how well things are going!
He looks great! I just caught wind of what's going on from Mandy's blog. Looks like you have been through so much in such a short time, but time is of the essesnce. We will pray for his progress to continue with ease. And here is to successful eating and pooping.
Love, Sara
I can't wait till tomorrow when we get to have the whole gang over at our house after Conference! Amazing that PCMC released him to go "home" and know tonight may be a challenge, but after listening to Saturday Conference, I know there are many "Angels" watching over your family. I wish that Ezra could come hang out in Daybreak, but yah, it's a wish. Love you Jami, it was so fun to go to the Symphony with you on Tuesday, and know that you make your big sister very proud! Hooray for prayer...and when Brian and the kids come back from my house you'll get to see that I really didn't forget Ezra's baby gift!! Have a great Sunday Jamester...
JODY=)
Post a Comment