Our Magnum Opus

"It's Latin...it means Great Work...the finest thing I've ever made." Charolette the spider

We got this interesting name from the movie Charolette's Web. Charolette the spider explains her Magnum Opus as she describes her eggsack. Her Magnum Opus is the whole reason she is alive, and when it is finished she can leave this earth. And so, our family is truly Our Magnum Opus...and it is nowhere near finished.

September 19, 2008

We have our kids with us again

Well, we are in a holding pattern waiting for Monday. The Operating schedule for Monday will come out on Sunday at 5:00pm. We will know then when the procedure will take place. Until then Grandma and Grandpa McCombs drove our kids to Salt Lake yesterday so we will take the kids to see Ezra then spend the rest of the day at the zoo.

7 comments:

Cody and Jen said...

Yay!!! I am so glad that you have the kids with you. How fun. I bet they are so excited to see you and be with you guys. Love you and miss you tonz.

Love jenny

Cory and Traci Hurrle said...

I'm so glad to hear the kids are with you. I'm sure that's one less thing to stress over. We'll be praying that little Ezra's name is on the schedule.

Liz Maile said...

Oh good! I am so glad! We will pray Monday is the day!

Amber said...

Hey Brian and Jami,
I just got back from visiting with Dr. Garrett at her office. I aksed her a little bit about the procedure and everything that is involved and she reassured me that he will be fine. I have been so worried about him with being so little and new and having to go under anesthesia and having a major surgery! Dr. Garrett said that he will do fine because he has such an amazing Dr. that does exceptional work. I guess that I just needed to hear it for myself from a medical professional, because I start to feel sick when I think of such a little baby having surgery. I can't imagine how you guys feel about it. Well, it sounds like he is in good hands that know what they are doing! We will be praying for everyone up until the surgery and thereafter too. I'm glad Annacy(Shawn Johnson) and Simon are back with you guys! That must have been so nice to see them for the first time after being away for so long! Love you guys!

Necia said...

I talked to Grandma tonight and it sounds like you guys had a lot of people with you tonight having dinner! I hope you had fun with everyone. Sure love you guys!
Aunt Necia

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you are united with all your children for now. Aren't grandparents the greatest??? It was so special to meet little Ezra and appreciate his strong spirit. You guys are remarkable! Let's hope the surgical procedure will be first thing Monday a.m. Keep the faith and know you are not alone. Love to you all. Judy C.

HFG said...

Brian and Jamie,
I just wanted to let you know we have been following along and you are in our thoughts and prayers. We sure miss you guys.
Dan Gee