Our Magnum Opus

"It's Latin...it means Great Work...the finest thing I've ever made." Charolette the spider

We got this interesting name from the movie Charolette's Web. Charolette the spider explains her Magnum Opus as she describes her eggsack. Her Magnum Opus is the whole reason she is alive, and when it is finished she can leave this earth. And so, our family is truly Our Magnum Opus...and it is nowhere near finished.

October 8, 2008

Free at last!

Ezra had to pass a carseat test before we could go. He had to tolerate the carseat for at least three hours...I guess simulating a trip to Reno. While he slept in his seat, Brian and I had to pass a CPR test. Very valuable stuff. We both passed with 100%.
Goodbye NICU. We were so excited to leave, but also a bit scared without a full time nurse a foot away at all times. Ezra stayed awake the whole ride to Fruit Heights. He was probably a bit overwhelmed since all he's ever seen is the Reno NICU and the Utah NICU. We are finally free to be parents to him at last. We were in a hospital for exactly 4 weeks. Now our next goal is to be home in RENO !!!!!!!
It has been a rough ride so far but we are doing it. We had an appointment with the surgen on Tues. and he said he wants us here for a week more of stretching. This means Oct. 14 we can have one more appointment to see if we can come home in the following days. Dare I say we will be home before Halloween. I will be so sad if I don't get to carve our own home grown pumpkins.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I love seeing picture of sleeping daddy's holding their sleeping babies! Ezra looks so good! I hope and pray the stretching goes well and that you can get home and carve your home grown pumpkins!!

Amber said...

You can't even see the distractors in any of the pictures...that's a good thing! He looks great! Hopefully you will be home soon! We are praying that you are! We love you guys!

Sweeney Household said...

I always love reading the updates! You look great too. What I would give to have a plane ticket to UT to give you a huge hug!