Our Magnum Opus

"It's Latin...it means Great Work...the finest thing I've ever made." Charolette the spider

We got this interesting name from the movie Charolette's Web. Charolette the spider explains her Magnum Opus as she describes her eggsack. Her Magnum Opus is the whole reason she is alive, and when it is finished she can leave this earth. And so, our family is truly Our Magnum Opus...and it is nowhere near finished.

October 31, 2009

LIFE

We have been busy lately and I never have time to update. But life is good. Here are a few pictures of what we have been up to. My kids love being together. Yes, they fight and yes, there is a lot of screaming, timeouts, and messes, but they keep me laughing and smiling.

Ok so this is the only picture I got of my first big big ride. My sis-in-law Chanika and I did the NO HILL 100 (sounds like a good ride for me....no hills). Actually we didn't do the 100 (and my sit bones thanked me) but we did the 60 miler. It went wonderfully. I think I have the bike race fever now and can't wait to sign up for more rides/races next year. Thanks Chanika- you are the best coach ever!!! And Shelley....I love my seat!

Brian and Simon slept outside in the backyard for the first time. Simon is so much like Brian it is amazing. He wants to go "real camping" so bad. I promise (and there are many of you to witness) that next summer we will camp a ton. I just can't handle camping with Ezra at this stage of life. He eats everything, falls into everything, crawls in the mud and dirt, and doesnt sleep good at night. So, Simon will have to make do with the backyard. Right now he could care less as long as its with dad.

I love the weather lately. We have had cold nights and cool fall days. We are trying to be outside as much as possible because I am dreading the winter days being stuck inside with crazy kids trying to get thier wiggles out.

Things that make my life good right now:
1. Halloween candy
2. Holiday season is coming fast and I love Thanksgiving and Christmas.
3. I got clip in bike shoes...(even though I fell on our last bike ride)
4. Brian and I got to go on a bike ride together...it was beautiful with all the fall leaves.
5. My husband built me a bench. I have wanted an entry way bench and he made an amazing one.
6. Ezra can walk. (Its much better than crawling around in grose stuff at the park or church)
7. This season of 'So you think you can dance' is sooooo good. Don't think of me differently for liking that show.




2 comments:

Jody said...

Jami! I love Halloween Candy too. Don't know why, cuz I don't eat much candy other times during the year (except for an occasional TWIX with PB when I get a craving!). I am so proud of you that you BIKE now and with CLIPS - that's impressive. So I imagine some Triathlons are in store for your future??? =)

Jason and Brianne Kjar said...

your kids are getting so grown up. glad to see that you are blogging.