Our Magnum Opus

"It's Latin...it means Great Work...the finest thing I've ever made." Charolette the spider

We got this interesting name from the movie Charolette's Web. Charolette the spider explains her Magnum Opus as she describes her eggsack. Her Magnum Opus is the whole reason she is alive, and when it is finished she can leave this earth. And so, our family is truly Our Magnum Opus...and it is nowhere near finished.

December 20, 2009


I love this time of year! I almost can't enjoy it fully because I know it is going to be over in 5 days. I do NOT like the day after Christmas. It is a depressing day that means Christmas won't come again for another year. So this last week before Christmas I am going to try to savor every minute. Call me crazy but I am glad Annacy is out of school for a while. I need some Annacy time. Ask me at the first of Jan. how I feel and I bet it will be quite different.

Annacy is wearing a dress that I wore at her age. That was so neat to me. And my mom even made the dress for me when I was a little girl. It made the whole Christmas Sunday even better. Merry Christmas to all. Enjoy every minute before Friday.

10 comments:

Amanda L said...

Merry Christmas, Jami, Brian and family! They look darling. I can't believe how much Annacy looks like her grandmother!

Jason and Brianne Kjar said...

Merry Christmas your kids are adorable.

Marshall said...

Bah Humbug! I LOVE December 26th!

Cody and Jen said...

So cute. I have had so much fun at home. Love love love your kids!!

Tara said...

I love these pictures, they're perfect! What cute kids! Hope you guys have an amazing Christmas! I also hope you got my email, I think I have your email address right, but definitely don't have your home address, so you'll have to send it. Miss you guys!

J S and S said...

The kids are adorable! We are going to try for New Year's cards or maybe Happy Spring... Didn't I have a dress too?? I think mine was long sleeved??? Love you guys! Thanks again!!!!

J S and S said...

P.S. You are not a Bah Humbug... I start taking down the decorations on Dec 26th! That is why they call it Boxing Day... so you can box everything up :)

J S and S said...

I had to post the "real" reason for Boxing Day... Go GIVE!! (Of course after you have boxed up your Christmas stuff..)

In England members of the merchant class would give boxes containing food and fruit, clothing, and/or money to trades people and servants. The gifts were an expression of gratitude much like when people receive bonuses, from their employer, for a job well done.
OR
The tradition of opening the alms boxes placed in churches over the Christmas season. The contents thereof which were distributed amongst the poor, by the clergy, the day after Christmas.

Jody said...

I can't believe this is one of the 4 black velvet dresses mom made us and we passed them down...I'll have to go through Sara's stuff since she wore mine when she was like 3 or 4 I think! That is sooooo cool!!

Sweeney Household said...

Hey, I wore my black velvet dress last Christmas! he he he. I haven't the slightest idea where mine went. ;)

Since it's february now, and I'm just looking at Christmas posts, I thought I'd just stick to clothing comments. I love Simon's sweater --- Conor wore that in one of my favorite Christmas photos when Megan was just learning to walk. I love to see Conor & Megan's clothes pop up in photos.