Our Magnum Opus

"It's Latin...it means Great Work...the finest thing I've ever made." Charolette the spider

We got this interesting name from the movie Charolette's Web. Charolette the spider explains her Magnum Opus as she describes her eggsack. Her Magnum Opus is the whole reason she is alive, and when it is finished she can leave this earth. And so, our family is truly Our Magnum Opus...and it is nowhere near finished.

December 12, 2009

The Tree

Notice that we had to decorate only the top half of the tree? Never before in the history of Christmas's have we had a child so determined to break things. Ezra broke a snowglobe in about three seconds after it was out of the box.
Thankfully Brian enjoys chopping a tree down and hauling it to the car because I love having a real tree. Thankyou Brian. It was even super cold and windy when they set off to find the perfect tree. Good job.

OK so me and Z stayed in the car because the wind was crazy. We played and got pretty bored before we saw Brian struggling up the hill with the tree. I jumped out of the car to get a picture and of course I shut the door because Ezra would fall out. Well, he loves the buttons in the car and promptly locked us out. I heard the click and my stomach flipped. As I was trying to coax him to press the button again I was praying my guts out that we wouldn't be locked out for too long. I can only think of several unpleasant scenarios that I would never live down. Ezra kept pressing the lock over and over and then by miracle he pressed UNLOCK! I tore the door open so fast it scared him but we were all so releived. So, learn from my dumb mistakes and never underestimate the capabilities of your one year old.





4 comments:

Sweeney Household said...

Annacy is so TALL! Oh my goodness. These kindergartners are getting too big. Love the tree. We may do a small table top tree this year (which means that we don't have one yet)! I think you & "Z" had it right to stay in the car --- nice & cozy. It's in the 20's here now. argh.....

Carol said...

Love the tree.
I had a lock your sleeping child in the running car scare the other day----NOT GOOD!
Do you remember when we went sledding and it was so cold and windy? Then we lost Spencer. I don't think I've been sledding since. Good times!
We miss you guys! The kids are getting so big!

J S and S said...

I've always wanted to go get a "real" tree! Someday! I was going to buy a live one to plant in the yard this year but... we just used the fake one again... I need a mountain man husband so I can have a real tree... nahhh I'll just go get me a tree instead :)

Jody said...

I am finally reading your blog - as you told the story of Ezra ("Z" - I like that!) locking the door. That happened to me once. Sara, about 9 months old in her car seat, Adam in his car seat, Hydro in the back of the 1991 Honda Accord LX Wagon & the cops using the Slim Jim to open it. They responded so quickly because I told them there was a Dalmatian in there with them (funny, I knew Hydro would never hurt them, but....you know!). LOVE YOU....