Our Magnum Opus

"It's Latin...it means Great Work...the finest thing I've ever made." Charolette the spider

We got this interesting name from the movie Charolette's Web. Charolette the spider explains her Magnum Opus as she describes her eggsack. Her Magnum Opus is the whole reason she is alive, and when it is finished she can leave this earth. And so, our family is truly Our Magnum Opus...and it is nowhere near finished.

October 18, 2008

RENO!!!





As we drove across the desert to Reno we had permanent smiles on our faces. There was even a time when all three kids were screaming and Cinderella was playing on the DVD player- singing "so this is love." Brian yelled "watch out Cinderella...this is what love leads to." How true!


We have been home now for three days. My mom is here with us so I am being pampered. Ezra seems so much happier and our kids are much more at ease. To sleep in my own bed is a feeling of pure gratitude. Life is definately not all peaches and cream, (no sleep, still pumping, three kids, night time bottle prep, bills) but it is so close to normal. Ezra is a stinker and loves to be held when he sleeps. He deserves every minute to make up for the lost cuddletime during the first 5 weeks of life.


13 comments:

Liz Maile said...

So glad you are home. I haven't called because I am sure you are being overwhelmed with calls and visits. I'm just glad you are all home safe and Ezra is doing well. Maybe I'll see you at church tomorrow.

Marshall said...

So happy to have you home! You are going to be so smothered with phone calls and dinners! Get ready! We are so happy you are here! Yaya1

Lauren said...

That is so funny! I can just picture you guys in the car with all the chaos! I'm so happy for you, that you are finally home. I know the comfort of my own bed is beyond words. Ezra looks so great!

Suzanne said...

WELCOME HOME!!!!!

Amber said...

I bet you never thought that coming home would ever be so wonderful and feel so great! I'm so gald that you guys are home! I can't wait until we are 100% and the runny noses and coughs go away(that may be a long time coming) and we can hang out! Love you all so much!!!

Cory and Traci Hurrle said...

Woooohoooo! Dorothy said it right, "There IS no place like home."

Janell said...

So happy for you to be home. Love the car experience. That is a great moment!! Wish we could bring over a dinner too!!

Sweeney Household said...

Jami, you are a good mom! I'm sure Ezra is capitalizing on all the personal attention of being at home. It must be so much fun for the kids to have a baby around. And, Brian, I loved your comment about "this is what love leads to..." That made me smile. :)

Hannah Stevenson said...

Looks like we just missed each other. I was in Reno for the last week and a half visiting my mom. I'm so glad your all home and that life is getting back to normal. I can't believe the progress Ezra has made...just phenomenal! I loved what Brian said about Cinderella...ha! But isn't it beautiful what love leads to? It's amazing how rich life can really be.

Love you guys and sorry we never made it to IKEA. ;)

Jody said...

I texted Brian today to say that I miss your texts...I bet you don't though and don't miss Primary Childrens, huh? Love you all and pray for you daily. You mention bills...please let us know how we can help!! Seriously...the medical bills add up fast!

Ruth said...

Dear Jami and Brian,
We're so glad Ezra is doing so well. And Jami is so good to have you back as well as your precious baby. We've prayed for your whole family and know that many people have too. Your family is truly an example of faith. We hope to meet Ezra soon.

Swoopref said...

Very happy that Ezra is doing so well. Conor & Megan ALWAYS remember him in their prayers.

Ashley said...

I am so happy life's stresses have stabalized...a little :) Love you cuz!!!