Our Magnum Opus

"It's Latin...it means Great Work...the finest thing I've ever made." Charolette the spider

We got this interesting name from the movie Charolette's Web. Charolette the spider explains her Magnum Opus as she describes her eggsack. Her Magnum Opus is the whole reason she is alive, and when it is finished she can leave this earth. And so, our family is truly Our Magnum Opus...and it is nowhere near finished.

October 5, 2008

Sort of "HOME"

I promise to post more pictures but I wanted to quickly update everyone. Ezra got to come "home" yesterday. NO NOT RENO, but to Glade and Corinne's home in Fruit Heights, UT. Ezra was doing so awesome that from a medical stand point, he no longer needed to be in the NICU. So we got discharged at about 6:00pm on Sat. night and we are staying here until his stretching is complete. Hopefully only another week or week 1/2 and then they will let us come home to Reno.

So- I am still pumping and giving him bottles of my milk. Any pointers on how to make bottle prep. quick and efficient. It is horrible waking up at 4:00 am and fixing a bottle, feeding, and then pumping. WOW breastfeeding is a great thing I miss.

Love to all

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jami,
How wonderful Ezra is out of the hospital!!! Hope you are handling the "stretching" O.K. Isn't it amazing what we can do when we have to? The conference talks were awesome, inspiring and motivational. One of the talks included seeing the light at the end of the tunnel which immediately brought you to mind. With Ezra getting closer to home, that light seems a lot brighter. Your family remains ever in my prayers and the prayers of many. May you continue to receive His strength and peace. Much love...Judy C.

Carol said...

Jami,
You have been on my mind and in my prayers ever since I heard. He is adorable and you are amazing.

Ashley said...

Congrats on being 'home' :) You are in my prayers and I love you Cuz! While you are in Utah, I am more than happy to offer my service as a massage therapist :) Or make you some BBQ for the good memories sake! I love you!
--Ashley

Cody and Jen said...

Yea!!! I am so glad he is out of the hospital!!! There is nothing better than not having to go to the hospital everyday and be able to be at Uncle Glade and Aunt Corinnes. You are so lucky. They are so wonderful to let their home be yours for the past month or so. I love you guys and keep praying for you. Remember what President Monson said "We need to find joy in the journey Now!!" I loved that talk!!! Love you all.

Jenny

Anonymous said...

Jami,
What fantastic news that baby Ezra was discharged! It must feel so good to not be living at the hospital! As for pumping, you could try pumping first and immediately feeding him that milk. Then after you lay him back down you could pump more if you needed to. It would eliminate having to make a bottle in the middle of the night, although it may not save you all that much time in the end. Kudos to you for sticking with it! You're awesome! Know that I'm thinking of you at 2am & 4am & 6am....=)
Krista

Andrea said...

I am so happy to hear that things are going well. He is so beautiful. I agree on the bottle thing. Good for you on keeping with the pumping. Do you have a good pump? If you are renting I have a mendela you can use when you get home. I hope that being out of the hospital will be good for both of you. You are always in our thoughts and prayers. We can't wait until things are normal enough that we can have a play date. Keep up the good work you super mom!!

Amber said...

Glad to hear that you don't have to spend all your days at the hospital anymore! I can't wait to see some pictures! We love you guys and miss you tremendously!

Jen Johnson said...

Oh that is such great news! I am so excited for you guys! Hopefully we will get to meet that special little baby soon!

The Woodward Family said...

YAY! It must be such a relief to be a mom without all the hospital "stuff" going on. You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers!

Anonymous said...

Brian and Jami, Great news! We are delighted that Ezra is at "home" and not in the hospital.We look forward to having all of you back in Reno real soon. You continue to be in our prayers. Jon and Pat Krause

Sweeney Household said...

Welcome Home to Ezra! He is probably loving his escape from the NICU. Great news that he done so well & is so strong. I am running in a Women's 10K race on Columbus Day ---- I have decided to run on behalf of Ezra. He has shown such strength & determination that I'd like to try to be more like that! We love you!!

Necia said...

I'll bet you are somewhat relieved to be at Glade and Corinne's. They are wonderful people. Anyway, keep up the good work and I know you know that you guys are in our prayers.
Love Ya Tons! Aunt Necia

Lauren said...

YaWHO! Congrats on getting to go "home!" Good luck with everything.
I was terrible at pumping so the only trick I have is with using formula. I put a bottle filled with water on my night stand. Next to the bottle I put my travel container of formula and just dump it in when the baby gets up. Then I don't have to get out of bed!

Liz Maile said...

Oh yeah! I am so happy for you. As for the breastfeeding/pumping thing, sorry no good pointers. Other then make sure it is in the bottle in the fridge ready to go so you only have to warm it up. It is rough though! Glad all is well!